⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Overlapping vertical bounds

From: Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:59:47 -0800

Hi Evan,

The data model in Ferret does not allow for overlapping bounds, nor does
it allow non-contiguous bounds. Those are legal in CF, but Ferret (as I
imagine is the case for most software), does not implement everything in
the standard.

In fact Ferret will not make use of your bounds definition; I believe it
will have ignored the bounds and will instead have defined the grid-cell
edges using the midpoints between axes. Use the command,

    show axis/z axis_name

to see what Ferret has done to set up its the internal representation of
the axis.

-Ansley