⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Best representation of wire-crawling profiler

From: Steve Hankin <steven.c.hankin>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 12:04:23 -0800

Hi Rich,

This sounds like just the right solution. It's onsistent with the use
of precise_lon and precise_lat in Example H.5. (A single timeseries with
time-varying deviations from a nominal point spatial location)

It's a pretty complicated encoding, though. To make sure that you get
interoperability out of using it, it's important that other folks
generating/analyzing similar data do things the same way. (NOAA/PMEL
scientists are generating quite a lot of wire-crawler data, for
example.) So it seems like a good idea to write this up as a special
encoding example that, like H.5., gets explicitly documented in the next
CF version.

     - Steve