⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Best representation of wire-crawling profiler

From: Signell, Richard <rsignell>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:18:54 -0500

CF Folks,

Okay, with help from the ERDDAP community
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/erddap/xfAufA8Qyhg
I think I figured this out:

The solution would be to use nominal "time(profiles)" and
"precise_time(obs)". So we would write something like

https://data.ioos.us/gliders//thredds/dodsC/deployments/rutgers/unit_191-
20150105T1443/unit_191-20150105T1443.nc3.nc.html

with both "time" and "precise_time", but instead of using the
multidimensional representation, use the ragged representation, like this

http://cfconventions.org/cf-conventions/cf-conventions.html#_ragged_array_
representation_of_time_series_profiles

So in addition to "precise_time(obs)" we would also have data variables
like "temperature(obs)".

Thanks,
Rich