⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Overlapping vertical bounds

From: Ansley C. Manke <ansley.b.manke>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:19:53 -0800

Hi Evan,
Another couple of comments on using a file with overlapping bounds in
Ferret. Ferret does not have any grid operations that handle such
bounds, but you can make use of the bounds as a variable in your Ferret
session. The full message:

    yes? use file.nc
    *** NOTE: Axis definition error on axis: ZAX. Bounds describe cells
    that overlap one another
      *** NOTE: Error in bounds "ZAX_bnds" or bounds do not enclose
    point on axis ZAX
      *** NOTE: Substituting coordinate midpoints

    yes? list/k=1:5 z[gz=var]
    yes? list/k=1:5 ZAX_bnds

The bounds are available in this 2-by-K variable, and you could make use
of it in expressions that you define.

-Ansley