⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for isotopic ratios ?

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:06:46 +0000

Hello Armin,

enrichment_of_13C_in_carbon_dioxide_in_air_with_respect_to_vienna_peedee_belemnite

I have been using the phrase 'enrichment of 13C' in parameter controlled vocabularies for 'delta-13C' which is subtly different from a simple isotopic difference. From your usage of 'per mil' it looks to me that your measured parameter is 'delta'. I would also include the description of delta ((isotopic ratio in sample/isotopic ratio in standard) - 1) * 1000 in the definition.

Cheers, Roy.