⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standardizing how ensemble (realization) axes are encoded

From: Steve Hankin <steven.c.hankin>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:27:59 -0800

Jonathan,

On second though it is all thoroughly ambiguous, whether CF names its
axis standard_names for the collective or for the individual member.
"ensemble" seems immediately clear and short, compared to
"ensemble_member", which seems a bit labored. But I understand your
concern over consistency with "realization". Either choice is fine
with me.

     - Steve