⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] GOES-R generated binary mask products under proposal

From: Charles Paxson <cpaxson>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 14:33:41 -0400

Dear Jonathan and Jim,

I have seen your last and recent words on the mask proposals, and I have
incorporated your comments. I believe we are all in agreement, and
thank you for your work. I have written out the proposed variables and
definitions below according to our latest agreement. Please let me know
the procedure to formally finish the proposal process for these four new
mask standard names.

Sincerely,

Charles Paxson

aerosol_binary_mask: X_binary_mask has 1 where condition X is met, 0
elsewhere. 1 = aerosols present, 0 = aerosolsabsent. Note that if no
threshold is supplied, the binary mask is 1 if there is any non-zero
amount of aerosol.

smoke_binary_mask: X_binary_mask has 1 where condition X is met, 0
elsewhere. 1 = smoke present, 0 = smoke absent. Note that if no
threshold is supplied, the binary mask is 1 if there is any non-zero
amount of smoke.

dust_binary_mask: X_binary_mask has 1 where condition X is met, 0
elsewhere. 1 = dust present, 0 = dust absent. Note that if no
threshold is supplied, the binary mask is 1 if there is any non-zero
amount of dust.

cloud_binary_mask: X_binary_mask has 1 where condition X is met, 0
elsewhere. 1 = cloud present, 0 = cloud absent (clear). Note that if
no threshold is supplied, the binary mask is 1 if there is any non-zero
amount of cloud