⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] [cf-satellite] standard name question - "toa_bidirectional_reflectance"

From: Tom Whittaker <whittaker>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:43:28 -0500

Randy --

This is a tough question, since there is a lack of detail in most of
the "standard_name" entries that I looked at. It seems to me that
what you want to do is to make certain that the user of the data
understands exactly what was taken into account (and what was
not)...which tells me this does not have to be a "machine readable"
description. I see a few possible options:

1. create a new standard_name which clarifies these matters
2. modify the current one (if appropriate...?)
3. use either the long_name or the "comment" to provide the particulars

Also, your question about who (or what programs) might be currently
using this is probably impossible to answer -- but I would bet at
least the person who made the entry initially and perhaps they can be
contacted.

I hope this helps get others to provide some input on this issue...

tom