⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF convention for point data

From: Steve Hankin <Steven.C.Hankin>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:57:15 -0700

Hello Upendra,

Section 5.5 of CF 1.4
(http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.4/cf-conventions.html)
discusses the representation of trajectories. However this encoding is
limited in that it requires a separate variable (in the netCDF sense) to
represent each individual trajectory. Work is underway to develop
representations suitable for large collections of trajectories in a
single file. See https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/37 for
discussions of that work. Similar considerations for collections of
time series, vertical profiles, or scattered points found in this
discussion.

    - Steve