⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name for position

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:58:54 +0100

Dear Alejandro

Ah, I see. No, I don't think there is a standard name for that. If the index
had some meaning e.g. if it was a standardised station number, a standard name
could indicate that. If it is purely an index with no intrinsic meaning, I am
not sure that it would add any information to give it a standard name. What do
you think? In a sense, I would say that the variable exists only because it is
not possible to construct the netCDF file without it. All you're really
interested in is its dimension.

Cheers

Jonathan