⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name for position

From: Alejandro Bodas-Salcedo <alejandro.bodas>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:38:01 +0100

Hello Jonathan,

I agree with you. This coordinate is defined in the MIP tables for CMIP5
but the standard name is missing (the MIP name is 'location'). My
understanding is that all CMIP5 variable and coordinate names have to be
mapped to CF standard names, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I will
find out whether a standard name is always required.

Thanks,

Alejandro