⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name for position

From: Alejandro Bodas-Salcedo <alejandro.bodas>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:51:48 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your response. This is going to be used as the horizontal
dimension for a stream of atmospheric vertical profiles (e.g.
temperature(position,height)). It will be an index running from 1 to N
(number of profiles). Then, the variables [latitude(position),longitude
(position),time(position)] will give the geographical position and time
of the profiles. Is there any CF standard name suitable for this?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Alejandro