⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name request for pH

From: Lowry, Roy K <rkl>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:01:17 +0100

Hello Jonathan,

I don't see the different pH scales as the same geophysical quantity measured in different ways. I see them more as subtley different geophysical quantities (activities or concentrations of different groups of species) expressed through a common syntax (negative log transform).

My initial reaction to an additional attribute is one of caution. I can see the need but have concerns as to how it would be populated. Plaintext doesn't scale and standardised sensor descriptions have kept a group of us in MMI pretty busy over the past year, which makes doing the same for analytical methods look very daunting.

Cheers, Roy.