⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP: sources/sinks

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:53:21 +0200

Dear Alison,

I am sorry for my late reply, today is already July 10th, so it might be
too late, but maybe we can agree on the list for the next round?!

I agree with your recent email that the following names are ready for
acception:
tendency names due to dry and wet deposition and emission
I will update the wiki page to obtain an overview of the status
of the names for aerosols and chemicals.

're-emission'-names
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_hexachlorobiphenyl_due_to_re_emission
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_alpha_hexachlorocyclohexane_due_to_re_emission

'production'-names: I gave this another thought and propose following:
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_primary_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_emission
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_secondary_particulate_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_particulate_organic_matter_dry_aerosol_due_to_chemical_net_production_and_emission

The idea of secondary aerosols is that they are not emitted but produced
in the atmosphere from gaseous precursors, while primary aerosol are
already emitted as particles. The third name would be the sum of primary
and secondary part. org. matter aerosol.

Best regards,
Christiane

Pamment, JA (Alison) a ?crit :

--
==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==
Christiane Textor
mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex