⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP: sources

From: Pamment, JA <J.A.Pamment>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 00:26:15 +0100

Dear Christiane,

Once again it is approaching time to update the standard name table and
I am trying to finalise the list of names that should go into the next
update (due on July 10th).

Checking back on the mailing list discussion from May, I think that we
have now agreed all the tendency names due to dry and wet deposition and
emission. I think also that we have agreed the use and definition of
the term re-emission and that we should replace the term "production"
with "chemical_net_production_and_emission" for clarity.

I recall that you were uncertain about those names which referred to
mercury species, and we could leave those out for the time being, but
are you content for the other tendency names to be included in the next
update? I think then that the only outstanding proposals would be the
mercury names, the optical thickness names and the proposals for
cell_area and cell_thickness.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.