⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Renaming of GitHub repositories

From: David Hassell <david.hassell>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 16:59:58 +0100

Hello,

Many apologies, but this week caught up with me, and I didn't get round to
changing the repository names. But I *will* do it on Monday 8th July.

If you need to update a local repository, Guilherme pointed out that it
might be a good idea to double check what you have before update the
origin, with

$ git remote -v

For example, if you have a fork of cf-conventions called 'origin', then
the above command might return ...

origin git at github.com:castelao/cf-conventions.git (fetch)
origin git at github.com:castelao/cf-conventions.git (push)
upstream git at github.com:cf-convention/cf-conventions.git (fetch)
upstream git at github.com:cf-convention/cf-conventions.git (push)

... and you wouldn't update 'origin; rather you would update 'upstream' in
this case:

$ git remote set-url upstream https://github.com/cf
-convention/conventions.git

(I hope that I have got this right, Guilherme!)

All the best,
David