⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Renaming of GitHub repositories

From: David Hassell <david.hassell>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 18:25:12 +0100

Hello,

Somewhat later than I had intended, and following on from Jonathan's
well-received suggestions on this list (starting from 2019-03-22), I shall
be renaming the following CF GitHub repositories:

https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-conventions will become:
*https://github.com/cf-convention/conventions
<https://github.com/cf-convention/conventions>*

https://github.com/cf-convention/cf-convention.github.io will become:
*https://github.com/cf-convention/website
<https://github.com/cf-convention/website>*

I shall do this on Tuesday 2nd July (following the principle of never
making changes that could affect other people just before the weekend).

Aside from needing to rename our browser bookmarks, this should have no
adverse effects on most people.

However, if you have cloned either of these repositories, the old names
should still work (according to
https://help.github.com/en/articles/renaming-a-repository), but it is best
to rename the remote URL as follows, e.g. for the "conventions" site:

> git remote set-url origin
https://github.com/cf-convention/conventions.git

(Don't take my word for it! See
https://help.github.com/en/articles/changing-a-remotes-url for more
details, for example.)

Please let us know about any concerns that may still remain on this topic,
all the best,

David

--
David Hassell