⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Add new integer types to CF?

From: Charlie Zender <zender>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:42:32 -0700

FWIW I always imagined that "interpreted as unsigned" refers
to Chris's option (A), that the data contain no negative
values so it's completely safe to read and store into an
unsigned integer, and that the top-half of that unsigned
integer's range will go unused because it could not be
stored in the signed integer on disk. Option (B) is just...
dangerous.

--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(