⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] JSON representation based on CF

From: David Johnson <d.johnson>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 07:20:01 +1200

Hello All,

Apologies if this is wrong place to post this. But I would like to draw
your attention to an open source initiative we have started:
cf-json.org.

The intention of this is to develop a standard around online exchange of
climate and weather data. Based firmly on CF conventions for NetCDF. This
was in response to the lack of any obvious standards for JSON. The transfer
of weather data via RESTful services is now widespread and JSON is a common
format for this. The geospatial community have geojson so we figured we
need something similar. We are using this internally, but would be happy to
see wider adoption.

Pleased to have any feedback and/or knowledge of other existing efforts in
this space.

Best regards,
Dave

--