⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] JSON representation based on CF

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 17:07:20 -0700

There have been a few similar efforts.

One is the work in NCO -- not about CF per-se but about a way to translate
the netcdf data model to json -- once you've done that, the CF rules are
pretty much the same.

There was also an effort by Pedro Nunes at NESDIS/STAR:

http://www.space-research.org/blog/star_json.html

and NCO now supports something (not sure the final state of that). The
discussion on sourceforge is here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/nco/discussion/9829/thread/8c4d7e72/

I'm not sure the status of either of those efforts, but hopefully we won't
have a third one!

-Chris