⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Discussion of technical CF issues as GitHub issues?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 18:08:10 +0000

Dear Rich

We have the trac system for this reason - so that the discussion can be
followed through a single thread. That works well, I think. The discussion
about the charset proposal could move to trac.

With some technical effort, the trac system was set up so that all ticket
updates are sent to everyone on the CF email list. I believe this is an
important requirement, since we want the trac discussions to be inclusive, and
people won't join in if they don't know they're going on. Can that be arranged
with GitHub? What advantages would GitHub offer over trac? I don't think we
should have any more channels for discussion; we could agree to replace trac
with GitHub, but it wouldn't be a good idea to maintain both at once.

Tanya Reshel at PCMDI is currently working on implementing the agreed trac
tickets into 1.7. I'm glad to say we should have a new version soon!

----- Forwarded message from "Signell, Richard" <rsignell at usgs.gov> -----