⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New LUMIP variables

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:52:12 +0000

Dear Dave and Jonathan,

I think we are clear now about the definition, so it is really a question of deciding on the best terminology. There is one existing name carbon_content_of_products_of_anthropogenic_land_use_change for which we will need to create an alias no matter which solution we choose, plus two new names proposed by Dave.

So the choice is between:

(a) change the existing name to carbon_content_of_anthropogenic_product_pool
and add new names
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_carbon_dioxide_expressed_as_carbon_due_to_emission_from_anthropogenic_product_pool
mass_flux_of_carbon_into_anthropogenic_product_pool_due_to_land_use_or_land_cover_change

OR

(b) change the existing name to carbon_content_of_harvested_vegetation_products
and add new names
tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_carbon_dioxide_expressed_as_carbon_due_to_emission_from_harvested_vegetation_products
mass_flux_of_carbon_into_harvested_vegetation_products_due_to_land_use_or_land_cover_change

As long as we have the correct definition, I don't really mind whether we go for (a) or (b). Dave, do you have a strong preference? I think the main point to consider is which terminology would be most recognizable to land use modellers (and climate modellers in general).

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065