⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New area_types for LUMIP subgrid land-use tile reporting

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:37:25 +0000

Dear Dave,

Thank you for checking the definition. Your wording looks good and is certainly a useful description to have in the area_types table. I will also add the reference to the Hurtt et al paper for completeness. The area_type primary_and_secondary_land is accepted for publication in the area types table. The table will be updated on 13th December to coincide with the next standard names update.

The clarification to the definition of area type ?pastures? is also accepted. This will now read as follows:
'Pastures are assumed to be anthropogenic in origin. They include anthropogenically managed pastureland and rangeland.'

Please can you suggest a brief definition or a reference for 'urban'? Is that also covered in Hurtt et al?

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065