⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Handling time when date is "missing"

From: Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate <ajay.krishnan>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:07:00 -0400

Hi All,

I have a user that's converting some IMMA format files to CF compliant
NetCDF files.

The problem is that, we've run into several measurements where just the
hour of measurement has been recorded without the corresponding "date". We
would prefer not to omit these data in the conversion, because they are
considered valid measurements (and play a role in monthly summary
statistics)

How do we represent this in a valid CF NetCDF format since we can't use
_FillValues for 'time'? Any suggestions for handling such special cases?

Thanks,
Ajay