⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] radiosonde ascent rate?

From: Leslie Hartten <leslie.m.hartten>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:10:41 -0600

Dear List,

   I am putting together a radiosonde dataset and trying hard to stick
with CF Standard Names. I have combed through the table
(http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-standard-names/current/build/cf-standard-name-table.html)
and this list's archives, but found nothing that would obviously work as
a name for the ascent rate of a radiosonde. At present, I have taken
the name " platform_speed_wrt_ground" and prefaced it with "upward_",
since there is horizontal motion w/r/to the ground that is not
considered in this variable.

   Does anyone have an already legal suggestion for radiosonde ascent
rate? Should I request a new variable, "upward_platform_speed_wrt_ground"?

   Many thanks for any assistance. I never even knew about CF standard
names until I started QC'ing data from our field program and trying to
create good data files!

Cheers,
   Leslie
--
Dr. Leslie M. Hartten
CIRES, Univ. of Colorado       email: Leslie.M.Hartten at noaa.gov
216 UCB                        web: http://cires.colorado.edu/~hartten
Boulder  CO  80309-0216        phone: (303)497-7052   fax: 497-6181
--
Disclaimer:  The contents of this message are mine personally and do not
necessarily reflect any position of the Government of the United States