⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Incorrect space character in rate_of_hydroxyl_radical_destruction_due_to_reaction_with_nmvoc

From: Shane StClair <shane>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 19:45:19 +0000

The CF standard names document contains an invalid standard name: "rate_of_
hydroxyl_radical_destruction_due_to_reaction_with_nmvoc" (containing a
space character) is used instead of the correct
"rate_of_hydroxyl_radical_destruction_due_to_reaction_with_nmvoc". This is
obviously a typo, and violates the standard name construction rules:
"Standard names consist of lower-letters, digits and underscores, and begin
with a letter." (
http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-standard-names/docs/guidelines.html)

I discovered this problem in v35. I didn't dig through previous versions to
find when it was introduced, but the last CF email mentioning this standard
name that I can find was from March 2014.

http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-standard-names/35/build/cf-standard-name-table.html

Here is the problem name in the MMI CFSN viewer:

http://mmisw.org/cfsn/#/rate_of_%20hydroxyl_radical_destruction_due_to_reaction_with_nmvoc

Thanks,
Shane St Clair
Axiom Data Science