⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Copernicus Marine Service standard_names

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:12:57 +0000

Dear Elodie, Jonathan, All,

Jonathan has indicated that he is happy with
sea_water_potential_temperature_at_sea_floor (canonical units: K)
' Potential temperature is the temperature a parcel of air or sea water would have if moved adiabatically to sea level pressure. The potential temperature at the sea floor is that of water adjacent to the ocean bottom, which would usually be the deepest grid cell in an ocean model.'
This name is accepted for publication in the standard name table.

No further comments have been received on the following name:
mole_concentration_of_zooplankton_expressed_as_nitrogen_in_sea_water (canonical units: mol m-3)
' Mole concentration means number of moles per unit volume, also called "molarity", and is used in the construction mole_concentration_of_X_in_Y, where X is a material constituent of Y. A chemical species denoted by X may be described by a single term such as 'nitrogen' or a phrase such as 'nox_expressed_as_nitrogen'. The phrase 'expressed_as' is used in the construction A_expressed_as_B, where B is a chemical constituent of A. It means that the quantity indicated by the standard name is calculated in terms of B alone, neglecting all other chemical constituents of A. Standard names also exist for the mole concentration of a number of components that make up the total zooplankton population, such as mesozooplankton, and microzooplankton.
This name is also accepted for publication in the standard name table.

Some further clarification is still needed on the definitions of the divergence and curl names for surface wind stress.

The next update of the standard name table will take place one week from today on 17th May 2016.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065