⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed standard_name for river discharge

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 12:49:09 +0000

Dear Rich, All,

Thanks for proposing the river discharge name. The discussion so far seems to be leading towards introducing a single name:
water_volume_transport_in_river (canonical units: m3 s-1).

At the moment we don't have a definition for this name so I'm suggesting the following (based on existing definitions):
' The water flux or volume transport in rivers is the amount of water flowing in the river channel. Water means water in all phases.'
Is this OK? Do we need to elaborate any further? I think if we can settle on the definition, this name can be accepted for addition to the standard name table.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065