⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Copernicus Marine Service standard_names

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:25:03 +0000

Dear Elodie,

I realised that in my last reply I didn't answer the question at the end of your post:

> I am also working on preparing the next release of the European
> Copernicus Marine Service that will include waves. We are planning on
> introducing 35 variables, of which only 7 have already existing
> standard_names. What do you think is the best way to proceed? Start a
> new thread on this topic and propose for each variable a standard_name,
> unit and definition?

Yes, please. You only need to start one thread which can then be used to propose all your new names. Names will be added to the standard name table as they are agreed, so if some take longer to discuss they won't hold up the ones that can be agreed quickly. Please do provide the proposed name, unit and definition for each variable as this will help to focus the discussion.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065