⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cells with different numbers of vertices

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:02:19 -0700

Hi all,

For unstructured grids when some cells are quadralaterals and others are
pentagons, the convention stipulates that bounds should be dimensioned
(n,5) so that the lat and lon locations of all 5 penatagon vertices can
be recorded. My question is what to do about the extra vertex for the
quadralaterals? Should we define a "missing_value" and store it in the
unused vertex location?

If so, perhaps we should make this clear in the convention document.

best regards,
Karl