⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] ice mass change standard name

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:39:26 +0000

Dear Jonathan and Andreas,

I will regard this name as having been proposed! So I think at the moment we have:

change_in_land_ice_amount (canonical units: kg m-2)
' "Amount" means mass per unit area. Zero change in land ice amount is an arbitrary level. "Land ice" means glaciers, ice-caps and ice-sheets resting on bedrock and also includes ice-shelves.'

I note that many of our existing "change" names actually say "change_over_time_in_X" defined as ' "change_over_time_in_X" means change in a quantity X over a time-interval, which should be defined by the bounds of the time coordinate.' I wonder if that would be appropriate for your variable?

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065