⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] albedo, air pressure definitions

From: Maarten Sneep <maarten.sneep>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 19:37:15 +0200

On 07/08/15 21:15, Nan Galbraith wrote:
> Hi All, and happy Friday.
>
> It's been almost a month since Maarten Sneep posted 'A few definitions seem off'
> and there have been just a couple of replies.
>
> Can we please add definitions for albedo and air_pressure to the standard names
> table? Do people think we don't need these defined - is that the problem?
>
> I have no particular preference about the content of the definitions, here's what's
> been proposed.

We have a document with definitions we use for our remote sensing work. This document
is currently in the signatures loop, but I hope to share it with you in the coming
week. That gives at least our definitions, from a perspective of a group that is
strictly looking in the short-wave spectrum. Note that the document uses maths to
define the quantities, which is a bit awkward for the textual definitions used in CF.
But at least it can provide a basis, for quite some quantities. Also note that there
are quantities defined in the document that would be nice in CF from our perspective,
but I don't feel like 'defending' them here (a slant column, anyone?).

Best,

Maarten
--
KNMI