⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new standard-name: apparent_oxygen_utilization

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 13:53:32 +0000

Dear John and Nan

Thanks for your contributions. I agree that the final phrase from_saturation
is a bit awkward; I couldn't think of a better place for it, but John's
pointing out the use of "deficit" elsewhere is useful. That also raises the
question of the sign of the difference. I think "difference of A from B"
means A-B (not B-A) but it maybe that wasn't what Ajay meant, and it should
be clear, which could be done with "signed" words.

Also, I omitted "moles" by accident - sorry!

Here's a new suggestion, a compound of John's and mine:
  excess_wrt_saturation_of_moles_of_oxygen_per_unit_mass_in_sea_water
or
  deficit_wrt_saturation_of_moles_of_oxygen_per_unit_mass_in_sea_water
depending on what the intended sign is.

Cheers

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from John Graybeal <jbgraybeal at mindspring.com> -----