⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard Names for: Ocean Kinetic Energy and Relative Vorticity

From: Napoleon Cornejo <cornejo>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:23:20 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

Since these quantities will be calculated in Local North Oriented Frame
(LNOF), I would like to submit these names for the gradients:

northward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Txx)
westward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Tyy)
upward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Tzz)
northward_upward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Txz)
northward_westward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Txy)
westward_upward_derivative_of_acceleration_due_to_gravity (Tyz)

Let me know if these seem appropriate. All with unit: s-2.

Regards,