⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New UDUnits units for information: "byte" and "octet"

From: Steve Emmerson <emmerson>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 08:58:19 -0700

Maarten,

According to section 8.6.2 of this NIST webpage
<http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP811/sec08.html>, you should try to convince
your colleagues to use the label "NO2 Concentration", for which the SI unit
is, indeed, "mol/m3".

With apologies for being blunt, I'm loath to force the UDUNITS package to
accommodate idiosyncratic science. In my opinion, a better solution is to
have a separate package that "corrects" the view of the data as seen by the
analysis package. Modifying the UDUNITS package holds no hope for improving
science, while accommodating idiosyncratic metadata via a transitional lens
does.

Ply me with whisky and I might change my mind. :-)

Regards,
Steve Emmerson