⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-2.0 Convention discussion

From: Timothy Patterson <Timothy.Patterson>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:49:57 +0200

Whether or not the entire netCDF4 enhanced data model is adopted, can I suggest that all features of the model are acknowledged and those that are not compatible with the 2.0 conventions are explicitly identified.

As an example, I currently find nothing in the current conventions to say that the use of groups is incompatible with the conventions, yet from the discussions here, there is an inherent assumption that groups are not allowed. This makes the specification hard to interpret for a CF convention neophyte like myself.

Regards,

Tim Patterson

Dr. Timothy Patterson
Instrument Data Simulation