⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Time series related to a polygonal region and cell_bounds

From: Signell, Richard <rsignell>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:09:34 -0400

Folks,
A colleague asked me if a time series of data associated with a
polygonal region (e.g. rainfall in a watershed) could be represented
in CF.

So two questions:

1. Any reason this could be represented as a simple time series with a
cell_bounds = lon_verts, lat_verts
lon_verts(npoly_verts), lat_verts(npoly_verts)

2. I see an approved ticket from 4 years ago
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/64
with "editorial correction" changing cell_bounds to bounds.
Does that mean that CF1.6 we use "cell_bounds" but in CF1.7 we will
use "bounds"?
--
Dr. Richard P. Signell   (508) 457-2229
USGS, 384 Woods Hole Rd.