⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_names for vertical axes with units

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 13:49:46 -0500

Geometrical height is sometimes used synonymously with geodetic height, but the strict interpretation is height above the ellipsoid surface along a line from the center of the Earth to the surface. Geodetic heights are normal to the ellipsoid surface.

Visit us on
Facebook Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
North Carolina State University
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org