⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] HTAP2 Final proposal = 102 CF Standard Names

From: Brigitte Koffi Lefeivre <Brigitte.Koffi-Lefeivre>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:19:46 +0100

Dear all,
HTAP 2 runs have begun and we would like to check how the HTAP CF
standard names proposal is coming along.
Up to now, I only received one correction ("photolysis" instead of
"photolyse").
Alison: did you already approve some/most of them?
Thank you for keeping me informed,
Brigitte

On 12/20/2013 10:25 AM, Brigitte Koffi Lefeivre wrote:

> [...]
>
> Unit: kg kg-1
>
> Definition: The chemical formula for the methanesulfonic acid is CH3SO3H
>

> *4. MOLE MIXING RATIO*
>
> Proposed new standard name: mole_fraction_of_*acetone*_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition: Acetone is an organic molecule with the chemical formula
> CH3CH3CO. It is also called propanone.
>
> Proposed new standard name: mole_fraction_of_alkenes_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Proposed new standard name: mole_fraction_of_*acetaldehyde*_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition: Acetaldehydeis an organic molecule with the chemical
> formula CH3CHO. It is also called ethanal.
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> mole_fraction_of_carbon_monoxide_*with_lifetime_of_25_days*_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition: idealized CO-like tracer with 25-days lifetime
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> mole_fraction_of_carbon_monoxide_*with_lifetime_of_50_days*_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition: idealized CO-like tracer with 50-days lifetimes
>
> Proposed new standard name: mole_fraction_of_*glyoxal_*in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition: Glyoxal is an organic molecule with the chemical formula
> C2H2O2. It is also called ethanedial.
>
> **
>
> Proposed new standard name: mole_fraction_of_*organic_nitrates*_in_air
>
> Unit: mol mol-1
>
> Definition:**Organic nitrates are organic esters or salts of nitric acid.
>

> *5. OTHER GASEOUS AND AEROSOL VARIABLES.
> *------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_dry_aerosol_due_to_*aqueous_phase*_net_chemical_production
>
> Unit: kg m-2 s-1
>
> Definition:aqueous phase (fog and clouds) is meant as opposed to
> gaseous phase.
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_sulfate_dry_aerosol_due_to_*gaseous_phase*_net_chemical_production
>
> Unit: kg m-2 s-1
>
> Definition:gaseous-phase is meant as opposed to aqueous phase.
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_*methanesulfonic_acid*_dry_aerosol_due_to_net_chemical_production
>
> Unit: kg m-2 s-1
>
> Definition: The chemical formula for the methanesulfonic acid is CH3SO3H.
>
> Proposed new standard name:
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nitrate_dry_aerosol_due_to_net_chemical_production
>
> Unit: kg m-2 s-1
>
> Proposed new standard name: *photolyse*_*rate*_of_nitrogen_dioxide
>
> Unit: s-1
>
> Definition:The (reaction) rate is the rate at which the reactants of a
> chemical reaction form the products. "photolyse" is a chemical
> reaction in which a chemical compound is broken down by photons.

To be corrected as follows:

Proposed new standard name: *photolysis*_*rate*_of_nitrogen_dioxide

Unit: s-1

Definition:The (reaction) rate is the rate at which the reactants of a
chemical reaction form the products. "photolysis" is a chemical reaction
in which a chemical compound is broken down by photons.

> Proposed new standard name: *photolysis_rate*_of_ozone_to_*1D_oxygen_atom*
>
> Unit: s-1
>
> Definition:"photolyse" is a chemical reaction in which a chemical
> compound is broken down by photons. "1D oxygen atom" means the 1D
> excited state of the oxygen atom.

To be corrected as follows:

Proposed new standard name: *photolysis_rate*_of_ozone_to_*1D_oxygen_atom*

Unit: s-1

Definition:"photolysis" is a chemical reaction in which a chemical