⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for sediment trap data

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 20:48:35 +0000

Hello Matthias,

I'm comfortable with that group of 8. Only possible change I would suggest is to use total_carbon (=organic+inorganic in its definition) and total_nitrogen in names 5 and 8 to make it totally clear what is meant. I'm also of the opinion that your other suggestions aren't far off. My guidance on the others:

iron to total_iron (defined as all oxidation states)
silica to total_silica (defined as biogenic + lithogenic)
manganese to total_manganese (defined as all oxidation states)

Cheers, Roy.