⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Can we please close ticket 93 and modify the latest CF document accordingly?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 12:52:20 +0100

Dear Mark, Rich, Bryan et al.

I am definitely in favour of having a new version too, but I am nervous about
involving lots of people in what is essentially the editorial task of updating
the document. When many people revise bits of a document, especially if they
have not worked on it before, there is the possibility of inconsistency. You
still need someone to take responsibility for the whole.

The main reason for slow progress in CF discussions is the limitation on brain-
power resources, not the technology for deploying those resources, I think. The
number of people who can make time to follow our detailed and difficult
discussions is understandably limited. None of us has it as a day-job!
However it would be interesting to know more about how different technology
from trac would make the task easier.