⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Can we please close ticket 93 and modify the latest CF document accordingly?

From: Signell, Richard <rsignell>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:30:49 -0400

Jonathan,

The good thing about the git "pull request" method of updating
CF-conventions would be that someone can fork the repository (make
their own copy of the document, in this case), make the edits related
to their issue, and then submit a "pull request" to the person with
authority to update the master document.

The advantage is that the person with responsibility for the whole
does not have to make all the edits themselves -- yet they can easily
see and review how the edits look in a revised copy, and these can be
accepted or discussed further with the community.

So basically best of both worlds: easier for the community to
contribute, and less work for the person with responsibility to
maintain the master.

-Rich