⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: lifted_index

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 22:34:44 +0100

Dear Jon

Thanks for considering my comments on this one

> Standard Name: temperature_difference_between_ambient_air_and_surface_air_lifted_adiabatically

I'm glad you're happy with a general name in this case. I am interested in
your response to Philip's question about how surface is defined here. It
might mean "surface air" in the sense of "screen height", I suppose. In the
standard name table, we do not actually have "surface air", because we expect
the actual screen height to be explicitly given as a height coordinate (1.5 m
or whatever). If that is the case, maybe this standard name should depend on
two vertical coordinates, and maybe it should be further generalised to
..._and_air_lifted_adiabatically. But that might be too general! What do
you think?