⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name: datetime_iso8601

From: Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate <aleksandar.jelenak>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:26:27 -0400

I fully support John Caron's proposal of having ISO 8601 datetime
strings as another way for encoding time data. But I proposed a
standard name so would like to return to that.

>From a few replies so far it seems that many interpret this standard
name proposal as a fundamental change of the convention. I don't see
it that way. My intention was to enhance the interoperability for such
data by specifying a limited subset of ISO8601 datetime string
formats. Note that having such variables does not break the convention
as long as they are not coordinate variables.

Can I have the final decision, please?

     -Aleksandar