⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] brand new user

From: Izidor Pelajic <izidor.pelajic>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:39:05 +0100

Hi all,
I'm new at netCDF, new at CF, and moderate MATLAB user. I'm new at
netCDF in a sense of days or week.
So my problem (beyond the fact that I do not have general knowledge)
is next. I was provided with a .nc file. In it there are 3 information
of interest: latitude matrix 160 by 22, longitude matrix 160 by 22 and
SST matrix also 160 by 22. File is created from NOAA satellite data
record (from hdf file, but not by me). I need to convert this custom
made nc file to netCDF CF file.
So far, I managed to open nc file in matlab, edit variables, make some
nice charts and save it as it is. But I do not know how to save in CF
convention. My problem is longitude and latitude that are of same
dimension as variable SST. How do I make sst( lon, lat ) if all lon
and lat elements are of different value? (it was written down in line
as satellite passed over an area)

Any idea, or example?
Izidor