⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for ocean volume transport

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:19:36 +0000

Dear Matthias, All,

In February Matthias Lankhorst proposed four new names for ocean volume transport. Jonathan was the only person to comment and he supported three of the proposals. The fourth proposal has been withdrawn for the time being.

The following three names are accepted for inclusion in the standard name table and will be added at the next update. (The definition text is drawn from existing standard names).
ocean_volume_transport_across_line (m3 s-1)
' Transport across_line means that which crosses a particular line on the Earth's surface; formally this means the integral along the line of the normal component of the transport.'

ocean_volume_x_transport (m3 s-1)
' "x" indicates a vector component along the grid x-axis, positive with increasing x.'

ocean_volume_y_transport (m3 s-1)
' "y" indicates a vector component along the grid y-axis, positive with increasing y.'

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065