⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for ocean volume transport

From: Matthias Lankhorst <mlankhorst>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:51:36 -0800

Hi,

OK, then let us get these three queued up into the standard_name table:

ocean_volume_transport_across_line
ocean_volume_x_transport
ocean_volume_y_transport

Canonical units are m^3 s^(-1) for all three.

My thinking reg. the fourth name proposal,
"northward_ocean_volume_transport_due_to_overturning", was that we may want to
express this property over limited depth (or lat/lon) ranges (e.g. capturing
only the upper 1000m in the Atlantic) where the net is not zero, and still be
able to differentiate between what we think is overturning versus wind-driven
gyre. However, I can do all I want without this, at least for now.

Thanks to Jonathan for his insights!

Regards, Matthias