⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for ocean volume transport

From: Matthias Lankhorst <mlankhorst>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 10:11:42 -0800

Hi,

I am looking for standard_name names for ocean volume transport, but could not
find any. There are a bunch of names for mass, heat, and salt transports, but
nothing for volume.

Unless somebody can point to existing names, can we please consider adding at
least the following name, possibly the subsequent ones as well:

ocean_volume_transport_across_line

ocean_volume_x_transport
ocean_volume_y_transport
northward_ocean_volume_transport_due_to_overturning

Although oceanographers will probably expect this property in units of
Sverdrup, I am fine with a canonical unit of m^3 s^(-1).

I noticed some of the existing names contain "ocean_", others "sea_water_". If
one is preferred over the other, let us please use that.

Regards, Matthias

--
 Dr. Matthias Lankhorst
 E-Mail: mlankhorst at ucsd.edu