⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name: datetime_iso8601

From: Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate <aleksandar.jelenak>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:54:48 -0500

Hello Nan, Chris:

I am not proposing that time coordinate variables can also be ISO 8601
datetime strings. The description for this standard name clearly
states:

"
Variables with this standard name cannot serve as coordinate variables.
"

I am merely proposing a standard name for those who are willing to
spend a few more kilobytes of their CF-netCDF files on duplicating
time data as ISO 8601 strings.

       -Aleksandar