⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Names for Satellite Data

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:34:14 +0000

Hi Aleksander,

Interesting. That is not what I was expecting, so it may be a good idea to make the std_name capture your concept more precisely.

Are you thinking about two instruments on the same platform? different platforms?

If more than one satellite, do they need to be in the same orbit?

If one satellite, does this depend on the scanning pattern and timing, and whether or not one of the instruments gets turned off for a while?

Is this something that will vary with every point in space and time, since sometimes satellite tracks cross before the orbit repeats, and/or scan patterns can change?

Best wishes,

      Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.